Rev. Frank Hughes, Jr.
Sermons from South Norfolk

Rev. William M. Black (former pastor of South Norfolk Baptist) with Rev. Frank Hughes, Jr. (on right) at Cornerstone Laying Dedication of the Education Building, 1954.
(Photo courtesy of Ron Alexander)
Newspaper articles about the old wooden church building which burned, and the building and dedication of the new brick structure:
The new $20,000 church building was dedicated, 3 p.m., July 5, 1915. Rev. W.M. Black, Pastor preached at the 11:00 service, Rev. John Roach Straton, pastor of First Baptist Church, Norfolk, was principal speaker at the Dedication.  Sunday evening service was held at 8 p.m. and Sunday School at 9:30 a.m.

Newspaper articles concerning the old wooden church which burned, and the new building that was built and dedicated:
Rev. Luther C. Grice served as Supply Pastor prior to Rev. Frank Hughes, Jr. becoming pastor of the church.  On May 24, 1932, The John B. Stetson University, DeLand, Florida, conferred upon Rev. Grice the honorary Doctor of Divinity (D.D.).